User Experience Matters
As our industry matures, we are starting to see a cataclysmic change in how we work within each of our fields. Information architecture, interaction design, visual design, usability, accessibility, content, and marketing are colliding to form a better and more valuable user experience.
Interaction is no longer an afterthought, overshadowed by visual design. “Just getting noticed” on the web is no longer sufficient – what you produce will now be judged by the value of your information and the ease of your experience. Today, users reign supreme.
Now’s the time to ask the tough questions: Are you properly investing resources, energy, and time in your user experience? Do you really, like really, know what your users want and need? How are you planning for the future?
In this presentation, we’ll explore the seven characteristics of good user experience, where technology and innovation are taking the interactive industry, and what milestones we’ll pass along the way.
What will I get of this session?
* A sense of where user experience is headed
* Knowledge of how context impacts the user experience
* An understanding of how new technologies are changing both context and user experience
Who should attend?
* User experience professionals
* Marketing executives and managers
* Online community managers
* Web designers and web developers
* Others who want to learn about user experience design